Re: [HACKERS] backend freezeing on win32 fixed (I hope ;-) )

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: [HACKERS] backend freezeing on win32 fixed (I hope ;-) )
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Horak Daniel <horak@mmp.plzen-city.cz> writes:
> Or it can be a feature ;-) But before it will be fixed (if it can be fixed)
> I would like to see my patch it the sources. It is very simple, without
> negative effects...

How do you know it has no negative effects?  The problem that it was
intended to fix only showed up with large numbers of backends (ie, more
than the system limit on number of semaphores, which is depressingly
small on many old-line Unixes).  Perhaps cygipc has no limit on number
of semaphores, or perhaps it tries to be a faithful imitation of SysV ;-)
Have you checked?