Re: How to set time zone permanently

От Pam Wampler
Тема Re: How to set time zone permanently
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Thanks Tom  That worked !!! I added /etc/TIMEZONE  & put TZ=EST export TZ in
that file

then in /etc/profile I added

#prw added 2/20/2002 for timezone
# Set the TIMEZONE

        if [ -r /etc/TIMEZONE ]
        then
           . /etc/TIMEZONE

then logged out as postgres user & back in  & stopped & restarted using
pg_ctl

and did show time zone  & it said EST

thanks & thanks to this wonderful messaging -- you guys are terrific to help
out like this

Pam
-----Original Message-----
From: Tom Lane [mailto:tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us]
Sent: Wednesday, February 20, 2002 10:40 AM
To: Pam Wampler
Cc: pgsql-admin@postgresql.org
Subject: Re: [ADMIN] How to set time zone permanently

Pam Wampler <Pam_Wampler@taylorwhite.com> writes:
> Where do I & how do I permanently set the time zone?

I think best/only way right now is to set the TZ environment variable
before starting the postmaster.  The TimeZone variable ought to be
settable from postgresql.conf, but for some reason it's not there now.

BTW, if the system default timezone is not already the way you want it,
you might consider making it so rather than putting a special hack into
the Postgres start script.  This usually involves creating or changing
a configuration file somewhere under /etc ...