Re: Syncing DBs prior to RServ replication

От Murthy Kambhampaty
Тема Re: Syncing DBs prior to RServ replication
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
I think you'd benefit from a two-stage Rsync (this was discussed on this
list in the past few months):

1. Rsync the $PGDATA cluster from the "hot" server to the "standby" server,
with the postmaster running
2. Stop the postmaster and perform the same rsync again (this will take only
a few seconds on how much time elapses between the completion of the first
stage and postmaster shutdown; 5G of data should take less than 5 minutes to
Rsync over if you're running Fast Ethernet or better).

Start the postmaster on both servers, and do your Rserv thing. (I don't use
Rserv, so I haven't tested this, but it sounds like you don't need the
servers to have identical states, so ...)

Cheers,
    Murthy