Re: Best tool to pull from mssql

От Mammarelli, Joanne T
Тема Re: Best tool to pull from mssql
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Thanks - I've been dying trying to find the software (on the windows side) for part 3 ..

https://www.mssqltips.com/sqlservertip/3663/sql-server-and-postgresql-foreign-data-wrapper-configuration--part-3/

-----Original Message-----
From: Adrian Klaver [mailto:adrian.klaver@aklaver.com]
Sent: Tuesday, November 10, 2015 1:49 PM
To: Mammarelli, Joanne T; pgsql-general@postgresql.org
Subject: Re: [GENERAL] Best tool to pull from mssql

On 11/10/2015 10:26 AM, Mammarelli, Joanne T wrote:
> Continuously syncing ..  we have database in mssql.  Ideally we'd like to connect to the mssql databases and pull out
thefields/content we required and populate that in a postgres database.

When all else fails you can go the ODBC route. I have done that through Access to create a linked Postgres table that I
canpopulate from other data sources.

Here are some articles that seem to be doing something similar using SQL Server and Postgres. In the article Postgres
isinstalled on a Linux box, but that does matter for the ODBC usage. :

https://www.mssqltips.com/sqlservertip/3661/creating-twoway-data-access-between-sql-server-and-postgresql--part-1/

https://www.mssqltips.com/sqlservertip/3662/sql-server-and-postgresql-linked-server-configuration--part-2/

--
Adrian Klaver