Database Locks , Performance Issues and How to Resolve?

От
Тема Database Locks , Performance Issues and How to Resolve?
Дата
Список pgsql-admin

Hi Experts,

In our TEST database – PostgreSQL 10 - We are facing issue while executing SELECT queries from application concurrently.

Select  statements taking long some time (almost ½ hr) and  it goes into lock mode even after we have COMMIT in the updates.

In PGADMIN dashboard, database applied exclusive lock on table cfs.next_nm_tabl.

This issue is major for us, and huge performance issue for applications.

Attached the spreadsheet with all details of LOCKS.

Please suggest how to handle this in PostgreSQL , as this never is an issue when we simulate the same in Oracle?

Query from application:

2019-12-28 20:00:17.185 DEBUG 25032 --- [pool-2-thread-1] org.hibernate.SQL                        :

    update

        cfs.next_nm_tabl

    set

        next_nm=?