Re: Invalid byte sequence for encoding "UTF8": 0xedbebf

От BRUSSER Michael
Тема Re: Invalid byte sequence for encoding "UTF8": 0xedbebf
Дата
Список pgsql-general
-----Original Message-----
From: pgsql-general-owner@postgresql.org [mailto:pgsql-general-owner@postgresql.org] On Behalf Of Alan Hodgson
Sent: Wednesday, June 15, 2011 5:37 PM
To: pgsql-general@postgresql.org
Subject: Re: [GENERAL] Invalid byte sequence for encoding "UTF8": 0xedbebf

On June 15, 2011 01:18:27 PM BRUSSER Michael wrote:
> Unless there's no other options I don't want to use sed or break file into
> pieces, if possible,

>> iconv loads everything into RAM. You can use "split", convert the pieces, and
>> then recombine, I did that when converting a large database to utf-8 and it
>> worked.

- Thanks, but this is exactly what I am trying to avoid!
Using split is good if you have one database to upgrade and no external customers.
(Not to mention other problems with this approach)

This email and any attachments are intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom it is addressed and
maybe confidential and/or privileged.

If you are not one of the named recipients or have received this email in error,

(ii) please notify sender of your receipt by reply email and delete this email and all attachments,

(iii) Dassault Systemes does not accept or assume any liability or responsibility for any use of or reliance on this
email.

For other languages, go to http://www.3ds.com/terms/email-disclaimer