Re: input in flex scanner failed

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: input in flex scanner failed
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Mitchell Laks <mlaks2000@yahoo.com> writes:
> When I log in to the machine and I run pg_ctl start I get the message
> input in flex scanner failed
> and the Postgresql database system does not start up. :(.

That seems a tad impossible :-(.

Where did you come by this Postgres build exactly --- is it from an RPM,
or home built?  The only theories that come to mind have to do with an
incompatibility between the flex version that PG 7.2.4 expected (namely
2.5.4) and the one it was actually built with.

If the installation used to work and is now failing like this then I
think you are looking at plain old corrupted executables; a reinstall
should fix it.