Обсуждение: input in flex scanner failed

input in flex scanner failed

От
Mitchell Laks
Дата:
Hi,
I have about 35 servers running Postgresql. On one of my older ones, which just
serves up old data with no new data being added,
and running on redhat 7.3 with postgresql 7.2.4, I am getting repeated episodes
of the database shutdown while the system is still up. I find this very
unusual.

When I log in to the machine and I run pg_ctl start I get the message
input in flex scanner failed
and the Postgresql database system does not start up. :(.

I suppose, I should just do my work and reinstall linux - debian and the latest
postgresql - but does anyone know what this error means before I blow the
machine away?

Thanks for all your help,
Mitchell Laks

Re: input in flex scanner failed

Дата:
Mitchell Laks <mlaks2000@yahoo.com> writes:
> When I log in to the machine and I run pg_ctl start I get the message
> input in flex scanner failed
> and the Postgresql database system does not start up. :(.

That seems a tad impossible :-(.

Where did you come by this Postgres build exactly --- is it from an RPM,
or home built?  The only theories that come to mind have to do with an
incompatibility between the flex version that PG 7.2.4 expected (namely
2.5.4) and the one it was actually built with.

If the installation used to work and is now failing like this then I
think you are looking at plain old corrupted executables; a reinstall
should fix it.

            regards, tom lane