Re: Is PostgreSQL an easy choice for a large CMS?

От Tony Lausin
Тема Re: Is PostgreSQL an easy choice for a large CMS?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
> Very odd.  I had always heard that MySql (at least originally) was a
> "quick and dirty" database, easy to use, not fully standards compliant,
> and not enterprise grade.  Postgresql on the other hand was always
> the heavyweight, standards compliant, enterprise db, which was more
> difficult to use and set up but much more resilient.  Postgresql has been
> getting more UI support (often seen as a user friendly bonus) and
> things like autovacuum support so that it is easier to use out of the box,
> and MySql has been gaining standards compliance and resilience.
>
> Funny how perceptions can differ.

Hi David,

I think it's very odd too, cause that's the exact same perception of
MySQL I have. My experience with MySQL is really limited to my
Wordpress blog, and that means I've never actually designed a database
with it. I wonder how much of this is just marketing and hype - either
on the side of MySQL or the side of Oracle.

Сообщение: Re: Is PostgreSQL an easy choice for a large CMS?
Сообщение: Re: Is PostgreSQL an easy choice for a large CMS?