Re: Is PostgreSQL an easy choice for a large CMS?

От Tony Lausin
Тема Re: Is PostgreSQL an easy choice for a large CMS?
Дата
Re: Is PostgreSQL an easy choice for a large CMS?  (Scott Marlowe <smarlowe@g2switchworks.com>)
Re: Is PostgreSQL an easy choice for a large CMS?  ("Jim C. Nasby" <jnasby@pervasive.com>)
Список pgsql-general
> [ rotfl... ]  MySQL will fall over under any heavy concurrent-write
> scenario.  It's conceivable that PG won't do what you need either,
> but if not I'm afraid you're going to be forced into Oracle or one
> of the other serious-money DBs.
>
>                         regards, tom lane

Hi Tom,

That's a scary idea - being forced into Oracle or Sybase. Isn't
Slashdot.org still running strongly off of MySQL?

Regards,

Anthony