Re: configure datatype name > 31?

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: configure datatype name > 31?
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
"Mark McEahern" <marklists@mceahern.com> writes:
> Regarding bumping the protocol number, is there documentation that describes
> exactly how to do that?  I looked at the source code and nothing jumped out
> at me as the obvious spot to make this change.

I believe the right thing is to change
#define PG_PROTOCOL_LATEST    PG_PROTOCOL(2,0)
#define PG_PROTOCOL_LATEST    PG_PROTOCOL(2,1)
(or minor-number-of-your-choice) in pqcomm.h.  You'd also need to change
PG_PROTOCOL_LIBPQ in libpq-int.h, and comparable changes in any other
client libraries that you'd updated.

Untested, use at your own risk, etc...