Re: libpq 8.4 beta1: $PGHOST complains about missing root.crt

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: libpq 8.4 beta1: $PGHOST complains about missing root.crt
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
> On Friday 10 April 2009 21:27:54 Stephen Frost wrote:
>> I agree with this.  Avoiding spoofing is good, but so is on the wire
>> encryption even if you don't have anti-spoofing.  This is a reasonable
>> set-up and we shouldn't just fail on it.

> This whole debate hinges on the argument that encryption without
> anti-spoofing is *not* useful.

If we believe that then we need to also change the server to require
a root.crt.  I do not believe it --- there is a significant difference
in the difficulty of passive listening and active spoofing.

Сообщение: Re: libpq 8.4 beta1: $PGHOST complains about missing root.crt
Сообщение: Re: libpq 8.4 beta1: $PGHOST complains about missing root.crt