Re: possible data loss.

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: possible data loss.
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
<mallah@trade-india.com> writes:
> I did an vacuum full on a particular table of
> pgsql 7.2.3 database as a  non superuser.
> and i feel i have lost considerable data in this
> text feild in this table. I think it was a known bug with
> this version.

The vacuum output shows 91902 live tuples during the first vacuum,
and 91906 during the second.  What is the basis of your assertion
that you've lost data?

It does appear that some other operation updated most of the rows in
the table in between, since the second vacuum found 82457 dead tuples.
I'm suspecting that your real problem is an ill-considered update.