Re: Time Zone in Postgres

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Time Zone in Postgres
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
> Shilpa Sudhakar wrote:
>> If DST changes are done in version 8.2.5 and up, is there any way to
>> recompile the timezone files in our existing versions without upgrading.

> FWIW this change is also in 8.1.11.

... and 8.0.14 ...

Anyway, yes, you could get the newer zoneinfo source files and run them
through zic, but it's hard to see why that would be a smarter thing to
do than a database update.  There are known data-loss bugs in the minor
version you're running, and you ought to be a lot more worried about
those than about whether Postgres is a week off about the next DST
transition.