Re: Inappropriate changes to front page text [Was: Re:

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Inappropriate changes to front page text [Was: Re:
Дата
Re: Inappropriate changes to front page text [Was: Re:  (Justin Clift <justin@postgresql.org>)
Re: Inappropriate changes to front page text [Was: Re:  (Robert Treat <xzilla@users.sourceforge.net>)
Re: Inappropriate changes to front page text [Was: Re:  ("Marc G. Fournier" <scrappy@postgresql.org>)
Список pgsql-www
Justin Clift <justin@postgresql.org> writes:
> Tom Lane wrote:
> <snip>
>> I agree with Emily on this.  There's no need to risk offending people of
>> non-Christian faiths.

> As a thought, this is a thread about the "risk" of offending "anyone".

> How do we *offend* someone by wishing them well?

As a practicing atheist, I am not offended.  But if you do not realize
that a fair part of the world will be offended, then you need to wake up
and smell the flowers.  Or at least read the daily news occasionally.

Yes, I'm painfully aware that several major members of our community
attach in-your-face-Christian signatures to everything they send out.
I've never wanted to challenge them on this, but if it were my druthers
that would not be done around here.  I think it is more likely to drive
away potential community members than attract new ones.

            regards, tom lane

В списке pgsql-www по дате отправления: