Re: pg_hba.conf

От
Тема Re: pg_hba.conf
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Yes I can ping the server if not connected via VPN.

I'm using EMS PostgreSQL Manager, which works if not via VPN.

Yes, postgresql.conf's tcpip_socket = true.

The log says: FATAL: No pg_hba.conf entry for host 10.29.15.113, user
postgres, database TEST.

Thanks for your help!

Regards,
- Lily Anne

-----Original Message-----
From: Robert Treat [mailto:xzilla@users.sourceforge.net]
Sent: Friday, May 21, 2004 8:04 PM
To: LSanchez@ameritrade.com
Cc: pgsql-admin@postgresql.org
Subject: Re: [ADMIN] pg_hba.conf

can you ping the server that postgresql is living on?  or maybe your
misrepresenting the error message...  what program are you using to try
and
connect? can you verify that tcpip_sockets is turned on the server?
also, if
it is a database problem there will be an exact error message being
reported
in the logs of type FATAL, can you send us that?

Robert Treat