Re: postgres_fdw user mapping and role inheritance

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: postgres_fdw user mapping and role inheritance
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Natalie Wenz <nataliewenz@ebureau.com> writes:
> Oh! Of course! The local database doesn't know anything about the role privileges on the remote database, so the
informationisn't even available on the local database to somehow take the union of all the privileges of foo and bar
becausethey are defined on the remote database. Thanks for responding. I got so wrapped up in our simple use case
(whereany individual_user in the local_group would connect to foreign_server as the same foreign_user) and couldn't
comeup with a counter example.

> For our use case, can you think of any other way to do it besides creating a user mapping for every member of
local_group?Gilberto's suggestion of setting the session authorization (I think?) won't work because the
individual_usersdon't have privileges to set that. ("ERROR:  permission denied to set session authorization")

Would it work for them to do SET ROLE to the group whose mapping they want
to use?  IIRC that's allowed for any member of the group.  The problem
with this is that their privileges for local operations are also affected,
so maybe that doesn't help you.

От: Natalie Wenz
Сообщение: Re: postgres_fdw user mapping and role inheritance
От: "Campbell, Lance"
Сообщение: pg_dump error