Re: postgres_fdw user mapping and role inheritance

От Natalie Wenz
Тема Re: postgres_fdw user mapping and role inheritance
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Oh! Of course! The local database doesn't know anything about the role privileges on the remote database, so the
informationisn't even available on the local database to somehow take the union of all the privileges of foo and bar
becausethey are defined on the remote database. Thanks for responding. I got so wrapped up in our simple use case
(whereany individual_user in the local_group would connect to foreign_server as the same foreign_user) and couldn't
comeup with a counter example.

For our use case, can you think of any other way to do it besides creating a user mapping for every member of
local_group?Gilberto's suggestion of setting the session authorization (I think?) won't work because the
individual_usersdon't have privileges to set that. ("ERROR:  permission denied to set session authorization")

Thanks again for your responses; I appreciate the help!

Natalie