Is the database being VACUUMed?

От C. Bensend
Тема Is the database being VACUUMed?
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Hey folks,

   I'm running 8.0.4 on OpenBSD, and I'm running into issues where
a large batch job will fire up and occasionally coincide with a
VACUUM.  Which then makes this batch take an hour and a half,
rather than the 30 minutes it usually takes.  :(

   I am going to upgrade to 8.1.2 this weekend, before you ask.  :)

   Here's the question - is there a query I can make in my scripts
(using perl/DBD::Pg) to see if the database is being VACUUMed at
the current time?  I could add a sleep, so the script would
patiently wait for the VACUUM to finish before kicking off several
intense queries.

   Thanks much!

Benny

--
"'And you've got 10 gig of files to put through our mail system?' I
ask, squeezing my mouse in a non-approved manner." -- BOFH, 2006-01

Сообщение: Re: Postgresql performance and tuning questions
Сообщение: Re: Postgresql performance and tuning questions