Re: gcov coverage data not full with immediate stop

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: gcov coverage data not full with immediate stop
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> On 2020-May-10, Alexander Lakhin wrote:
>> 3. Explicitly call __gcov_flush in SIGQUIT handler (quickdie)?

> I tried your idea 3 a long time ago and my experiments didn't show an
> increase in coverage [1].  But I like this idea the best, and maybe I
> did something wrong.  Attached is the patch I had (on top of
> fc115d0f9fc6), but I don't know if it still applies.

Putting ill-defined, not-controlled-by-us work into a quickdie signal
handler sounds like a really bad idea to me.  Maybe it's all right,
since presumably it would only appear in specialized test builds; but
even so, how much could you trust the results?

> I think we should definitely get this fixed for pg13 ...

-1 for shoving in such a thing so late in the cycle.  We've survived
without it for years, we can do so for a few months more.