Re: [osdldbt-general] Re: Seeking information about

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: [osdldbt-general] Re: Seeking information about
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Mary Edie Meredith <maryedie@osdl.org> writes:
> My conclusion from the responses so far is that the community is
> planning to deliver RTTLC as part of PITR.

Right, exactly.  Given the WAL code we already have, the next step is
to add management facilities that let you archive and replay WAL logs,
instead of just discarding them after the next checkpoint.  AFAICS,
there's really no significant increase in complexity to support recovery
to a past time point as well as recovery to the end of the log.