Re: issue with Postgres uninstallation

От Anuj Pankaj
Тема Re: issue with Postgres uninstallation
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
To install Postgres I created a folder Postgres and I kept all packages and I installed Postgres from these packages.
To Uninstall Me suppose, I have to run rpm -e <each packages name>. Here mistakenly I removed all packages.I
 I am still able to login in Postgres. Please help me to uninstall Postgres completely so that I cannot login again and

I have to install again to login in Postgres.

I am not getting any exception; I just want to uninstall Postgres.

Regards,
Anuj Pankaj
Phone(O): 91-20-66041700, Ext.6477

-----Original Message-----
From: Tom Lane [mailto:tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us]
Sent: Wednesday, September 15, 2010 7:05 PM
To: Anuj Pankaj
Cc: pgsql-admin@postgresql.org
Subject: Re: [ADMIN] issue with Postgres uninstallation

Anuj Pankaj <anujp@cybage.com> writes:
> I have Postgres 8.1.4 installation and now I want to uninstall.

> I have run the command rm -r <postgres packages>(all).

Er, "rm" not "rpm"?  Exactly what files did you delete here?

> Here I am unable to rum rpm -e <package name> to uninstall the postgres
> 8.1.4.

What does "unable" mean --- what command did you give exactly, and what
error message did you get?

            regards, tom lane

"Legal Disclaimer: This electronic message and all contents contain information from Cybage Software Private Limited
whichmay be privileged, confidential, or otherwise protected from disclosure. The information is intended to be for the
addressee(s)only. If you are not an addressee, any disclosure, copy, distribution, or use of the contents of this
messageis strictly prohibited. If you have received this electronic message in error please notify the sender by reply
e-mailto and destroy the original message and all copies. Cybage has taken every reasonable precaution to minimize the
riskof malicious content in the mail, but is not liable for any damage you may sustain as a result of any malicious
contentin this e-mail. You should carry out your own malicious content checks before opening the e-mail or attachment."

www.cybage.com