Обсуждение: issue with Postgres uninstallation

issue with Postgres uninstallation

От
Anuj Pankaj

I have Postgres 8.1.4 installation and now I want to uninstall.

I have run the command rm –r <postgres packages>(all).

Here I am unable to rum rpm –e <package name> to uninstall the postgres 8.1.4.

Can you please help me to clean the installed Postgres environment(Uninstall).

Thanks & Regards,
Anuj Pankaj

"Legal Disclaimer: This electronic message and all contents contain information from Cybage Software Private Limited which may be privileged, confidential, or otherwise protected from disclosure. The information is intended to be for the addressee(s) only. If you are not an addressee, any disclosure, copy, distribution, or use of the contents of this message is strictly prohibited. If you have received this electronic message in error please notify the sender by reply e-mail to and destroy the original message and all copies. Cybage has taken every reasonable precaution to minimize the risk of malicious content in the mail, but is not liable for any damage you may sustain as a result of any malicious content in this e-mail. You should carry out your own malicious content checks before opening the e-mail or attachment." www.cybage.com

Re: issue with Postgres uninstallation

Дата:
Anuj Pankaj <anujp@cybage.com> writes:
> I have Postgres 8.1.4 installation and now I want to uninstall.

> I have run the command rm -r <postgres packages>(all).

Er, "rm" not "rpm"?  Exactly what files did you delete here?

> Here I am unable to rum rpm -e <package name> to uninstall the postgres
> 8.1.4.

What does "unable" mean --- what command did you give exactly, and what
error message did you get?

            regards, tom lane

Re: issue with Postgres uninstallation

От
Devrim GÜNDÜZ
Дата:
On Wed, 2010-09-15 at 15:09 +0530, Anuj Pankaj wrote:

> Here I am unable to rum rpm -e <package name> to uninstall the
> postgres
> 8.1.4.

What is the error message that you are getting?
--
Devrim GÜNDÜZ
PostgreSQL RPM Repository: http://yum.pgrpms.org

Re: issue with Postgres uninstallation

От
Anuj Pankaj
Дата:
To install Postgres I created a folder Postgres and I kept all packages and I installed Postgres from these packages.
To Uninstall Me suppose, I have to run rpm -e <each packages name>. Here mistakenly I removed all packages.I
 I am still able to login in Postgres. Please help me to uninstall Postgres completely so that I cannot login again and

I have to install again to login in Postgres.

I am not getting any exception; I just want to uninstall Postgres.

Regards,
Anuj Pankaj
Phone(O): 91-20-66041700, Ext.6477

> I have Postgres 8.1.4 installation and now I want to uninstall.

> I have run the command rm -r <postgres packages>(all).

Er, "rm" not "rpm"?  Exactly what files did you delete here?

> Here I am unable to rum rpm -e <package name> to uninstall the postgres
> 8.1.4.

What does "unable" mean --- what command did you give exactly, and what
error message did you get?

            regards, tom lane

"Legal Disclaimer: This electronic message and all contents contain information from Cybage Software Private Limited
whichmay be privileged, confidential, or otherwise protected from disclosure. The information is intended to be for the
addressee(s)only. If you are not an addressee, any disclosure, copy, distribution, or use of the contents of this
messageis strictly prohibited. If you have received this electronic message in error please notify the sender by reply
e-mailto and destroy the original message and all copies. Cybage has taken every reasonable precaution to minimize the
riskof malicious content in the mail, but is not liable for any damage you may sustain as a result of any malicious
contentin this e-mail. You should carry out your own malicious content checks before opening the e-mail or attachment."

www.cybage.com

Re: issue with Postgres uninstallation

Дата:
Anuj Pankaj <anujp@cybage.com> writes:
> To install Postgres I created a folder Postgres and I kept all packages and I installed Postgres from these packages.
> To Uninstall Me suppose, I have to run rpm -e <each packages name>. Here mistakenly I removed all packages.I

I rather doubt that rpm would have let you remove "all" packages, and
if it did you wouldn't have a functioning system at all.  Please answer
the question specifically rather than handwaving.

>  I am still able to login in Postgres.

Seems likely that you didn't actually remove Postgres.
In particular, successfully removing postgresql-server
would certainly have stopped the service.

            regards, tom lane

Re: issue with Postgres uninstallation

От
Anuj Pankaj
Дата:
Can you help let me how to uninstall postgres, if I do not have packages at Linux box.

Regards,
Anuj Pankaj
Phone(O): 91-20-66041700, Ext.6477

> To install Postgres I created a folder Postgres and I kept all packages and I installed Postgres from these packages.
> To Uninstall Me suppose, I have to run rpm -e <each packages name>. Here mistakenly I removed all packages.I

I rather doubt that rpm would have let you remove "all" packages, and
if it did you wouldn't have a functioning system at all.  Please answer
the question specifically rather than handwaving.

>  I am still able to login in Postgres.

Seems likely that you didn't actually remove Postgres.
In particular, successfully removing postgresql-server
would certainly have stopped the service.

            regards, tom lane

"Legal Disclaimer: This electronic message and all contents contain information from Cybage Software Private Limited
whichmay be privileged, confidential, or otherwise protected from disclosure. The information is intended to be for the
addressee(s)only. If you are not an addressee, any disclosure, copy, distribution, or use of the contents of this
messageis strictly prohibited. If you have received this electronic message in error please notify the sender by reply
e-mailto and destroy the original message and all copies. Cybage has taken every reasonable precaution to minimize the
riskof malicious content in the mail, but is not liable for any damage you may sustain as a result of any malicious
contentin this e-mail. You should carry out your own malicious content checks before opening the e-mail or attachment."

www.cybage.com

Re: issue with Postgres uninstallation

От
Scott Marlowe
Дата:
2010/9/16 Anuj Pankaj <anujp@cybage.com>:
> Can you help let me how to uninstall postgres, if I do not have packages at Linux box.

You do not need the packages to uninstall them.  do this:

rpm -qa|grep -i postgres

and see what packages are listed.

Then

rpm -e packagename1 packagename2 ...

to remove them all.

Re: issue with Postgres uninstallation

От
Greg Smith
Дата:
Scott Marlowe wrote:
> You do not need the packages to uninstall them.  do this:
>
> rpm -qa|grep -i postgres
>
> and see what packages are listed.
>
> Then
>
> rpm -e packagename1 packagename2 ...
>
> to remove them all.

Note that you may have issues removing the compat-postgresql-libs
packages, as things other than the main database sofware you can have
installed will rely on those.  Here's what I do to get rid of all the
rest of them in one easy command:

rpm -qa | egrep "^postgresql" | xargs rpm -e

--
Greg Smith, 2ndQuadrant US greg@2ndQuadrant.com Baltimore, MD
PostgreSQL Training, Services and Support  www.2ndQuadrant.us

Re: issue with Postgres uninstallation