Re: Installing PG 7.3.1 on Solaris 8

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Installing PG 7.3.1 on Solaris 8
Дата
Re: Installing PG 7.3.1 on Solaris 8  (Andrew Sullivan <andrew@libertyrms.info>)
Список pgsql-general
"Chris Boget" <chris@wild.net> writes:
> Postgresql make fails with this message:
> ../../../src/include/catalog/indexing.h --set-version=7.3.1
> awk: syntax error near line 63
> awk: illegal statement near line 63

> Arch is Solaris 8 SPARC; I followed this guide to the letter:
> http://techdocs.postgresql.org/guides/PackagingForSolaris

Looks like you have an old crufty awk.  One solution is to install GNU
awk (gawk).  However, I seem to recall that Solaris comes with more than
one awk already; poke around and see if you find anything named awk or
nawk.  If you do, try re-running configure after putting the other awk
earlier in your PATH (or just hack the AWK variable in
src/Makefile.global).

Justin, what was your PATH when you wrote that document?  You don't
mention needing GNU awk ... what did configure pick for you?