Re: Installing PG 7.3.1 on Solaris 8

От Justin Clift
Тема Re: Installing PG 7.3.1 on Solaris 8
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Tom Lane wrote:
<snip>
> Justin, what was your PATH when you wrote that document?  You don't
> mention needing GNU awk ... what did configure pick for you?

Don't recall off of the top of my head, however the only other place
likely to have awk in it is /usr/ccs/bin.

Chris, if you could set your path to something like:

PATH=/usr/ccs/bin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/bin

That should force any awk in /usr/ccs/bin to be found first.

It's probably best if you do a "make clean" and remove the config.cache
file before doing ./configure again and compiling.

If that works for you, then the Solaris packaging guide will definitely
be updated with a note to reflect this.  If not, then I'd suspect you
might not have all of the Solaris development packages installed, or you
box may need patching to bring it up to date.

Regards and best wishes,

Justin Clift

>             regards, tom lane

- Indira Gandhi