Re: Installing PG 7.3.1 on Solaris 8

От Andrew Sullivan
Тема Re: Installing PG 7.3.1 on Solaris 8
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Wed, Jan 29, 2003 at 02:04:22PM -0500, Tom Lane wrote:
> "Chris Boget" <chris@wild.net> writes:

> > awk: syntax error near line 63
> > awk: illegal statement near line 63

> Looks like you have an old crufty awk.  One solution is to install GNU
> awk (gawk).  However, I seem to recall that Solaris comes with more than
> one awk already; poke around and see if you find anything named awk or
> nawk.  If you do, try re-running configure after putting the other awk
> earlier in your PATH (or just hack the AWK variable in
> src/Makefile.global).

Do the latter.  Use nawk on Solaris, which is reasonably non-crufty.
The standard awk, for reasons that I'm sure Sun could tell us if they
could be bothered, is some _terribly_ broken version.

If you fool with your $PATH enough, you'll get the right awk anyway
(I did this accidentally one time, and it took quite a bit of time to
figure out why things suddenly stopped working); I just can't
remember exactly what $PATH you need, and nawk always works.

----
                                         +1 416 646 3304 x110