Re: restore database with schema: owner schema must have superuser privileges?

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: restore database with schema: owner schema must have superuser privileges?
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Pedro Salazar <pedro-b-salazar@ptinovacao.pt> writes:
> I have a database which has a schema owned by a user (with no superuser
> privileges). When restoring the dump file with my superuser database,
> the dump script connects with my owner user (which I created before),
> and tries to create the schema with that user, and of course it cannot
> do it, because my owner user hasn't super user privileges that permits
> create a schema!

You don't need superuser privs to create a schema, only CREATE privs on
the database.  Why would you have revoked CREATE-schema privs from the
database owner??  Seems downright weird.

pg_dump does have some known problems with situations where a
previously-held right has been revoked.  I guess this is another one for
the to-do list.