Re: trouble caused by change in 7.3 handling of '' in

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: trouble caused by change in 7.3 handling of '' in
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Larry Rosenman <ler@lerctr.org> writes:
> The issue isn't whether the app is broken or not, (it is), but the
> fact that we ****CHANGED**** behavior with ****NO**** notice

There was notice, to them as were paying attention (eg, anyone who tried
a beta release).  More to the point, I can name half a dozen other
incompatible changes in 7.3 (most, but not all, forced by schema
support) that will undoubtedly break some apps.  We cannot have a
transition plan and backwards-compatibility kluge for every little
compatibility issue, or our progress will grind to a standstill.

According to the start of this thread, RT's author has recommended that
RT users stick to PG 7.2 until he can fix the app.  That seems a
perfectly sensible answer to me.