Re: Fixing WAL instability in various TAP tests

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Fixing WAL instability in various TAP tests
Дата
Re: Fixing WAL instability in various TAP tests  (Michael Paquier <michael@paquier.xyz>)
Список pgsql-hackers
Mark Dilger <mark.dilger@enterprisedb.com> writes:
> Here is a patch set, one patch per test.  The third patch enables its test in the Makefile, which is commented as
havingbeen disabled due to the test being unstable in the build farm.  Re-enabling the test might be wrong, since the
instabilitymight not have been due to WAL being recycled early.  I didn't find enough history about why that test was
disabled,so trying it in the build farm again is the best I can suggest.  Maybe somebody else on this list knows more?

Digging in the archives where the commit points, I find

https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/flat/20181126025125.GH1776%40paquier.xyz

which says there was an unexpected result on my animal longfin.
I tried the same thing (i.e., re-enable bloom's TAP test) on my laptop
just now, and it passed fine.  The laptop is not exactly the same
as longfin was in 2018, but it ought to be close enough.  Not sure
what to make of that --- maybe the failure is only intermittent,
or else we fixed the underlying issue since then.

I'm a little inclined to re-enable the test without your other
changes, just to see what happens.

От: Mark Dilger
Сообщение: Re: Fixing WAL instability in various TAP tests
От: Mark Dilger
Сообщение: Re: Fixing WAL instability in various TAP tests