Re: Help installing 8.0.2 rpms on RH 3.0

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Help installing 8.0.2 rpms on RH 3.0
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
"Chris Hoover" <revoohc@sermonaudio.com> writes:
> ... However, I am having some difficulty installing the
> postgresql.org RH 3.0 rpms for Postgresql 8.0.2.

Up until really recently (read: not yet shipped for Red Hat, and I'm
not sure about the PGDG RPMs), the 8.0 RPMs had the wrong Obsoletes:
data in them for replacing rh-postgresql RPMs with later postgresql
RPMs.  So I'd definitely suggest removing *all* the rh-postgresql RPMs
before you try to install newer stuff.  It wasn't real clear whether
that was the sum total of your problem however...

> Virgin install of RH ES 3.0 from cd's (no update run right now)

It wouldn't be a bad idea to do "up2date" first.  For all you know
you are fighting a bug in RPM itself.