Re: postmaster blues after system restart

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: postmaster blues after system restart
Дата
Re: postmaster blues after system restart  (Oliver Elphick <olly@lfix.co.uk>)
Список pgsql-admin
"Thomas F. O'Connell" <tfo@sitening.com> writes:
> But cleaning out /tmp seems to be a part of institutional practice on
> Linux,

I'm unconvinced of that.  A quick test on Fedora Core 4 shows that
random files in /tmp survive reboot, and any moment of thought would
show why users would object to a blanket cleanout policy.

I do see this in a quick grep of Fedora RC files:

/etc/rc.sysinit:rm -f /tmp/.X*-lock /tmp/.lock.* /tmp/.gdm_socket /tmp/.s.PGSQL.*

but this happens well before any of the /etc/rc.d files get to run.

I think what you've got is a rogue, broken mountnfs.sh script.  I don't
even see any such script in my installation ... what is its provenance?

Сообщение: Re: postmaster blues after system restart
Сообщение: Re: postmaster blues after system restart