Re: [HACKERS] [OT] flex, yacc, and bison

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: [HACKERS] [OT] flex, yacc, and bison
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
"Jackson, DeJuan" <djackson@cpsgroup.com> writes:
> I need to parse this format:
> <Database ftpdatabase [hostname[:port]]>
>  [<DatabaseID somebody>]
>  [<DatabasePWD mypwd>]
>  [<Table ftp_users>
>   [<Uname uname>]
>   [<CryptedPwd cryptedpwd>]
>   [<FtpPath ftppath>]
>  </Table>]
> </Database>

That looks suspiciously like an SGML DTD to me...

Rather than doing the whole lex/yacc bit, I'd suggest finding some
ready-made SGML-parsing tools.  For instance, if you are handy with
Perl I think there are some SGML modules in CPAN ... certainly there
are HTML parsers, which'd probably be easy to adapt to the purpose.