Re: Pronunciation of "PostgreSQL" (was: Re: [HACKERS] New man pages)

От Lamar Owen
Тема Re: Pronunciation of "PostgreSQL" (was: Re: [HACKERS] New man pages)
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
The Hermit Hacker wrote:
> > How hard is it to say "Postgresquel", really?  Don't tell me you've been
> > saying "Postgres cue ell".....;-)
>
> Ummm, your second way is the correct pronounciation :)
>
> Post-gres-Q-L :)

Correct or not, it doesn't quite flow off the tongue... Oh well.  There
are more important issues than pronunciation (such as rpm -Uvh for the
rpm's...), but a little levity never exacerberated any problems....
(laughter is the best medicine!).  Maybe we need you to record the
canonical pronunciation (I'll even encode to RealAudio -- and will
donate the RealServer bandwidth!), like Linus did for linux.
(lee-nooks...).

Cheers....

Lamar Owen
WGCR Internet Radio