Re: tcl-devel build dependencies for 7.4.2

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: tcl-devel build dependencies for 7.4.2
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
"Donald Fraser" <demolish@cwgsy.net> writes:
> I am trying to build Postgres 7.4.2 from the source rpm on Red Hat Linux 7.1
> 2.96-98

> error: failed build dependencies:
>         tcl-devel is needed by postgresql-7.4.2-1PGDG

This dependency is bogus; it doesn't apply to RHL 7.1.  The easiest
solution is to just add --nodeps and build anyway.  I believe if you
use the appropriate -D to tell the RPM specfile you're on RHL 7, it
will suppress the build dependency; but you'd have to look at the
specfile to figure out what symbol to define, 'cause I don't recall
offhand ...