Re: [HACKERS] backend crashing on NetBSD 1.3.2/i386

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: [HACKERS] backend crashing on NetBSD 1.3.2/i386
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Brook Milligan <brook@trillium.NMSU.Edu> writes:
> Until earlier this week, the various snapshots have been working fine
> on my system, NetBSD 1.3.2/i386.  As of a couple of days ago the
> backend started to crash.

When did this start, exactly?

> I hoped this was a temporary glitch with
> recent patches which would disappear in a day or so as other stuff got
> sorted out.  Nothing seems to have changed, though, over the last
> several days, and connections fail with the backend crashing.

A reproducible crash at startup ought to be pretty easy to nail down.
Does it produce a corefile?  If so fire up gdb and get a backtrace so
we can see where the crash occurs.  (The trace would give more info if
you compiled with -g, but even without it would be helpful.)

One thing that comes to mind quickly is that some of the changes this
week required an initdb to be fully effective.  If you forgot the initdb
maybe a crash at startup would result; I'm not sure.

Сообщение: Re: [HACKERS] backend crashing on NetBSD 1.3.2/i386
Сообщение: Re: [HACKERS] backend crashing on NetBSD 1.3.2/i386