Re: [HACKERS] backend crashing on NetBSD 1.3.2/i386

От Tom Ivar Helbekkmo
Тема Re: [HACKERS] backend crashing on NetBSD 1.3.2/i386
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
I'm running an installation on NetBSD/i386 1.3.2 that I upgraded
(using 'cvs update') just a couple of hours ago, and it's behaving
just fine.  I've loaded a few megabytes of data into it, and done a
bit of updating and querying, with no problems.

Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> writes:

> One thing that comes to mind quickly is that some of the changes this
> week required an initdb to be fully effective.  If you forgot the initdb
> maybe a crash at startup would result; I'm not sure.

That may be it.  I always use pg_dump and initdb when I update the
systems I run a current snapshot of PostgreSQL on, just to be sure.

-tih
--
Popularity is the hallmark of mediocrity.  --Niles Crane, "Frasier"