Re: Still a bug in the VACUUM ??? !!!

От daniel alvarez
Тема Re: Still a bug in the VACUUM ??? !!!
Дата
Re: Still a bug in the VACUUM ??? !!!
Список pgsql-admin
> > > I have a problem with the "vacuum full". every time I run the vacuum
> > > command I loose data from the parent tables. maybe also from the
> > > subtables (haven't checked yet). I tried it a few times up to now an I
> > > can reproduce the phenomena.
> >
> > That sounds ugly ... but are you sure you don't have a hardware problem?
> > I don't think anyone's ever reported such behavior before.
> >
> > If it is a Postgres bug, we can't do much to help you without a lot more
> > detail.
> >
> >             regards, tom lane

I have a similiar problem with VACUUM FULL ANALYZE.

I do not loose any data, but get hundreds of uninitialized pages and
a segmentation fault. Processing is very slow (twenty minutes).

The only thing unusual about my configuration is that system indices
are bloated. I expect the hardwhere to be ok, but I can not verify it
because the sever is hosted elsewhere.

The last lines of output were:

NOTICE:  Rel pg_class: Uninitialized page 3344 - fixing

NOTICE:  Rel pg_class: Uninitialized page 3345 - fixing

NOTICE:  Rel pg_class: Uninitialized page 3346 - fixing

NOTICE:  Rel pg_class: Uninitialized page 3347 - fixing

NOTICE:  Rel pg_class: Uninitialized page 3348 - fixing

NOTICE:  Rel pg_class: Uninitialized page 3349 - fixing

NOTICE:  Rel pg_class: Uninitialized page 3350 - fixing

NOTICE:  Rel pg_class: Uninitialized page 3351 - fixing

NOTICE:  Rel pg_class: Uninitialized page 3352 - fixing

NOTICE:  Rel pg_class: Uninitialized page 3353 - fixing

NOTICE:  Rel pg_class: Uninitialized page 3354 - fixing

NOTICE:  Rel pg_class: Uninitialized page 3355 - fixing

NOTICE:  Rel pg_class: Uninitialized page 3356 - fixing

batch/nachts.sh: line 3: 30855 Segmentation fault      /usr/bin/php -q
/usr/local/httpd/htdocs/kunden/web41/html/wcopy/batch/vacuum.php

Running VACUUM FULL ANALYZE another time there were no errors.

> hi,
>
> it does sound ugly. I checked the hardware. I can't see any problems with
> t.
> I know, somestimes you need a lot of luck to see a CPU problem under
> solari
> s.
> But I think the hardware is ok. however, what kind of details do you need
> qualify if it's a postgres problem or not ?
>
> regards
>
> -andreas schmitz

Сообщение: Re: Still a bug in the VACUUM ??? !!!
Сообщение: Re: Still a bug in the VACUUM ??? !!!