Re: Still a bug in the VACUUM ??? !!!

От Andreas Schmitz
Тема Re: Still a bug in the VACUUM ??? !!!
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
On Friday 14 February 2003 17:55, Tom Lane wrote:
> Andreas Schmitz <a.schmitz@cityweb.de> writes:
> > I have a problem with the "vacuum full". every time I run the vacuum
> > command I loose data from the parent tables. maybe also from the
> > subtables (haven't checked yet). I tried it a few times up to now an I
> > can reproduce the phenomena.
>
> That sounds ugly ... but are you sure you don't have a hardware problem?
> I don't think anyone's ever reported such behavior before.
>
> If it is a Postgres bug, we can't do much to help you without a lot more
> detail.
>
>             regards, tom lane

hi,

it does sound ugly. I checked the hardware. I can't see any problems with it.
I know, somestimes you need a lot of luck to see a CPU problem under solaris.
But I think the hardware is ok. however, what kind of details do you need to
qualify if it's a postgres problem or not ?

regards

-andreas schmitz