Re: data for 64bits on 32

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: data for 64bits on 32
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Christoph Simon <ml133@netpole.com.br> writes:
> Until january of this year I had a 64bit AMD system maintaining a
> database with about 8gb of data. Since then I had not accessed those
> data and also went back to a 32bit System. Now, I would like to access
> those data again, and thought it would be enough to plug in the last
> year's drive.

Nope.  Postgres data directories are not usually compatible across
different architectures.  If you'd gone 32->64 you could install a
32-bit build of Postgres and do something with that, but in this
direction I'm afraid you're out of luck.  Borrow an amd64 machine from
somebody for long enough to run pg_dump ...