Обсуждение: data for 64bits on 32

data for 64bits on 32

От
Christoph Simon
Дата:
Until january of this year I had a 64bit AMD system maintaining a
database with about 8gb of data. Since then I had not accessed those
data and also went back to a 32bit System. Now, I would like to access
those data again, and thought it would be enough to plug in the last
year's drive. But unfortunately pg_ctlcluster, pg_filedump et al. are
not able to deal with these data. I'm getting the message "Error:
Could not parse locale out of pg_controldata output" but pg_ctlcluster
actually doesn't display any reasonable value. That's why I think that
some 64bit values are being taken as 32bit only. Is there any way to
at least have some sort of dump which I could read in again into a
postgres cluster on my current system? I don't have a 64bit system
anymore.

Please CC me, as I'm not on this list.

Thanks,

Cris

Re: data for 64bits on 32

Дата:
Christoph Simon <ml133@netpole.com.br> writes:
> Until january of this year I had a 64bit AMD system maintaining a
> database with about 8gb of data. Since then I had not accessed those
> data and also went back to a 32bit System. Now, I would like to access
> those data again, and thought it would be enough to plug in the last
> year's drive.

Nope.  Postgres data directories are not usually compatible across
different architectures.  If you'd gone 32->64 you could install a
32-bit build of Postgres and do something with that, but in this
direction I'm afraid you're out of luck.  Borrow an amd64 machine from
somebody for long enough to run pg_dump ...

            regards, tom lane