Re: pg_hba changes not honored

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: pg_hba changes not honored
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
"Sriram Dandapani" <sdandapani@counterpane.com> writes:
> Pg_ctl is pointing to the same directory that postmaster points to on
> startup. There is only 1 data directory/postgres installation that I
> use.

> Pg_ctl informs that postmaster is signaled. When I see the logs for
> postmaster, it says "received SIGHUP, reloading configuration files"

Well, I just re-tested it here, and it works fine for me (using 8.1.4,
but I don't see anything in the CVS logs indicating changes in the
relevant code since 8.1.2).  So I still think there's some sort of
pilot error involved here, but I'm running out of ideas about what.
You might want to try the strace experiment I suggested to confirm
that the postmaster is reading the file you think it is.