Re: pg_hba changes not honored

От Sriram Dandapani
Тема Re: pg_hba changes not honored
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Pg_ctl is pointing to the same directory that postmaster points to on
startup. There is only 1 data directory/postgres installation that I
use.

Pg_ctl informs that postmaster is signaled. When I see the logs for
postmaster, it says "received SIGHUP, reloading configuration files"

Linux 2.4.21-40.ELsmp #1 SMP Thu Feb 2 22:22:39 EST 2006 i686 i686 i386
GNU/Linux

Postgres 8.1.2

-----Original Message-----
From: Tom Lane [mailto:tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us]
Sent: Wednesday, August 23, 2006 4:00 PM
To: Sriram Dandapani
Cc: Joshua D. Drake; pgsql-admin@postgresql.org
Subject: Re: [ADMIN] pg_hba changes not honored

"Sriram Dandapani" <sdandapani@counterpane.com> writes:
> This problem occurs only when the changes are made while postmaster is
> running and pg_ctl is used to reload config files.
> When the changes are applied and postmaster is stopped and restarted,
it
> works fine.

Hm.  OK, that means we need to look closer at how you're using pg_ctl.
Are you sure you're pointing it at the right data directory?  Does it
claim to have successfully signaled the postmaster?  What PG version
is this exactly, and on what platform?

Сообщение: Re: pg_hba changes not honored
Сообщение: Re: pg_hba changes not honored