Re: A real puzzler: ANY way to recover?

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: A real puzzler: ANY way to recover?
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Rosser Schwarz <rosser.schwarz@gmail.com> writes:
> but a priori, I'd suggest trying, as your postgres user:

> $ createdb oopswow

Doesn't work because createdb has to connect to something (typically
template1).  If he's closed off *all* his databases, he's in deep
doo-doo.

This is reminiscent of the problem pointed out some time ago "what
do you do if you deleted all your superusers"?  We fixed that by
allowing a standalone backend to connect (and to believe itself to
be a superuser) no matter what is in ... or not in ... pg_shadow.
I'm inclined to think the same answer should hold for this one.