Re: Ambiguous language in Table 8.13. Special Date/Time Inputs [EXT]

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Ambiguous language in Table 8.13. Special Date/Time Inputs [EXT]
Дата
Список pgsql-docs
> Yes, I see what you mean now.  How is this patch, which uses "zero
> hour"?

Ugh.  Are we writing spy novels now?

I actually agree with your opinion that "midnight" is fine.
That text has been that way for over fifteen years[1], and
nobody's complained before that it was ambiguous.

But, if we're going to change it, let's just s/midnight/00:00:00/
and be done.  Making up fancy terminology doesn't improve matters.

            regards, tom lane

[1] git blame dates the text to commit 1b342df00 of 2002-11-11, and
apparently it was not new then, but I'm too lazy to dig further.