Re: Ambiguous language in Table 8.13. Special Date/Time Inputs [EXT]

От David Harper
Тема Re: Ambiguous language in Table 8.13. Special Date/Time Inputs [EXT]
Дата
Список pgsql-docs
> I actually agree with your opinion that "midnight" is fine.
> That text has been that way for over fifteen years[1], and
> nobody's complained before that it was ambiguous.

Conversely, how many users over the past fifteen years have read that table, and then felt compelled (as I did) to run
aquery such as

  select 'today'::timestamp,'yesterday'::timestamp,'tomorrow'::timestamp;

on their PostgreSQL cluster to clear the ambiguity for themselves?

Best regards

David Harper

Wellcome Sanger Institute, Cambridge, England

--
 The Wellcome Sanger Institute is operated by Genome Research