Re: User-defined typle similar to char(length) varchar(length)

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: User-defined typle similar to char(length) varchar(length)
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> I'm surprised you got the patch so small. Mind you, you didn't do any
> folding in the productions for NUMERIC and CHAR which in the long term
> would probably need to be done.

Yeah, the patch ought to be making the grammar smaller not bigger.

> Also, there's the issue of converting
> the arguments to a typmod, in the long term it'd have to be
> user-defined per type.

I think we could legislate that the stored typmod is the same as what
the user sees (and can't be negative).  The fact that it's different
for some of the built-in types is a historical artifact that I'd love
to get rid of.