Re: User-defined typle similar to char(length) varchar(length)

От Martijn van Oosterhout
Тема Re: User-defined typle similar to char(length) varchar(length)
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Thu, Aug 03, 2006 at 04:18:53PM -0400, Tom Lane wrote:
> > Also, there's the issue of converting
> > the arguments to a typmod, in the long term it'd have to be
> > user-defined per type.
>
> I think we could legislate that the stored typmod is the same as what
> the user sees (and can't be negative).  The fact that it's different
> for some of the built-in types is a historical artifact that I'd love
> to get rid of.

But that makes NUMERIC(x,y) impossible to represent. That probably ok I
guess. I was just wondering if it would be reasonable to allow users to
create a currency type whose precision can be specified the same way as
for numeric.

Have a nice day,