Re: Reducing buildfarm disk usage: remove temp installs when done

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Reducing buildfarm disk usage: remove temp installs when done
Дата
Re: Reducing buildfarm disk usage: remove temp installs when done  (Andrew Dunstan <andrew@dunslane.net>)
Список pgsql-hackers
> But I'm wondering if we should look at using the tricks git-new-workdir
> uses, setting up symlinks instead of a full clone. Then we'd have one
> clone with a bunch of different work dirs. That plus a but of explicitly
> done garbage collection and possibly a periodic re-clone might do the trick.

Yeah, I was wondering whether it'd be okay to depend on git-new-workdir.
That would fix the problem pretty nicely.  But in the installations I've
seen, that's not in PATH but squirreled away in some hard-to-guess library
directory ...