Re: Reducing buildfarm disk usage: remove temp installs when done

От Andrew Dunstan
Тема Re: Reducing buildfarm disk usage: remove temp installs when done
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 01/19/2015 09:53 AM, Tom Lane wrote:
>> But I'm wondering if we should look at using the tricks git-new-workdir
>> uses, setting up symlinks instead of a full clone. Then we'd have one
>> clone with a bunch of different work dirs. That plus a but of explicitly
>> done garbage collection and possibly a periodic re-clone might do the trick.
> Yeah, I was wondering whether it'd be okay to depend on git-new-workdir.
> That would fix the problem pretty nicely.  But in the installations I've
> seen, that's not in PATH but squirreled away in some hard-to-guess library
> directory ...

Yeah. Luckily, there are really only half a dozen or so lines of script
that do the actual work - the rest is sanity checks. I think we can
replicate that without requiring the script. I'll have a stab later in
the week.

cheers

andrew