Re: pg_ctlcluster not logging error (memory problem likely)

От val
Тема Re: pg_ctlcluster not logging error (memory problem likely)
Дата
Список pgsql-admin

Tony Webb <amw@sanger.ac.uk> wrote:
> Thanks Val. Yes, I checked the /var/log/postgresql
> directory but no joy.

Ok, I just had a quick look at the script and it seems that it will first check if you have got 'log_filename' or
'log_directory'configured in your postgresql.conf file. If not it will then check for a symbolic link named 'log' under
your/etc/postgresql/$version/$cluster/ folder. And if this link doesn't exist it will fall back to using
/var/log/postgresql.

Hope that helps.

Cheers

Val